Here's what I've got for you:
Learn how to gamble: Never gambled before? I've got you covered. Start with Gambling 101 and proceed to my exclusive and popular Crash Course in Table Games. I've also got specific lessons for Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, and more. What's more, these tips will help you avoid losing big money. I also cover some interesting topics like betting systems and how to win a million dollars.
Online Gaming: In the sidebar at left you can see why I recommend Bovada if you want to practice casino games for free. I also have a beginner's guide to online gambling which answers questions about legality, fairness, and potential problems.
Gambling in General: I offer special features such as the odds of winning a million dollars and a rundown of popular betting systems, including my very own Half-Bankroll System — all stuff you won't find anywhere else.
I'm also proud of what I DON'T have...
- No annoying animated banner ads.
- No frustrating popup windows.
- No browser-crashing Java applets.
- No confusing navigation system.
- No spam — I don't share your email with anyone else.
Vegas Click in the News
Articles we've been quoted in:
The VegasClick editor also write the cover story for Casino Player magazine in October 2005 and Wikipedia references our article on slot machines in their own article on the subject.
Best of Vegas
Best Hotel Value on the Strip. Stratosphere,
often as cheap as $35. Circus Circus is just as cheap
but much dumpier and smokier.
Easiest Game for a Beginner to Get Good Gambling Odds. Craps (bet on Pass Line with Full Odds) (more...)
Best Free Attractions. Bellagio Water Fountains, and the Fremont Street Experience. (more...)Best Transportation Deal. The "Strip & Downtown Express" goes up and down the strip and to downtown, 24/7, $8 for a 24-hour day pass. From the airport, the Westcliff Express goes to the South Strip, and the #108 goes to the Stratosphere and downtown, either for just $2.00. (more...)Best Thrill Rides. Anything on top of the Stratosphere Tower. (more...)
Best Vegetarian. Near the Strip: Veggie House (Chinese) and Abyssinia (Ethiopian) On the strip: Tamba (Indian) (more...)
True Single-Deck Blackjack (3:2). DOWNTOWN: El Cortez, Four Queens, and Binions. STRIP: Riviera, Hooters. (more...)
Top 10 Las Vegas Tips
- Visit mid-week. Hotel rooms often cost three to four times as much on the weekends as during the week! Plus, with weekend crowds you'll wait in line for everything. Mid-week visitors save tons of money and have a much better time.
- Get a player's card. Go to the Player's Club desk
at any casino you visit and sign up for a free player's
card, even if you don't plan to gamble there. Then
the casino will mail you offers for discounted or even
free rooms on your next visit. You can also sign up
for the MGM/Mirage
card online, which will work at 10 Vegas Strip casinos.
- Don't lose your shirt. Don't bet more than you can afford to lose. Set a gamling budget for each day and if you lose it, stop playing.
- Don't play slot machines. They suck your money away hand over fist. Compare $600 lost over 16 hours on a $0.25 machine compared to just $40 lost at blackjack or craps @ $5 a hand. See our crash course on table games to have a much better chance of winning.
- Tip the dealers $5+/hr., and the cocktail waitresses $1 every drink or two.
- Ask for comps. When you play either slots or table games the casino will reward you with buffets, show tickets, or room discounts. Ask at the player's club booth (slot players) or at the tables (table players) for how to claim your goodies. (more on comps)
- Use the buses. The Westcliff Express bus goes straight from the airport to the South Strip (MGM Grand, NY NY, Luxor, Tropicana) for $2. The #108 goes from the airport to the Stratosphere and then to downtown, for $2. Pay $8 for a 24-hour pass when you get on any bus, and then ride any bus in the city for free for the next 24 hours, including the Deuce and Strip/Downtown Express (SDX) buses. See our special page that tells you all about the buses.
- Don't try to get taxis on the strip. Taxis can't stop directly on the strip; that's why they're passing you by. Go to the taxi area of the hotel to get one. Up to 4 people ride for the same price as 1; if there's just 2 of you, don't be afraid to yell out, "Anyone want to split a cab to [some casino]?" It doesn't just save money, it's eco-friendly.
- Walk. The whole strip is four miles long and you
could walk the whole thing in an hour and a half.
Plus, it helps work off the calories from the buffets.
- Get Half-Price Show Tickets. You can
tickets for most Vegas shows at one of
the several Tix4Tonite booths on the Strip and downtown. See all our tips for getting free and cheap tix.
- Bank your winnings. Set aside half your win when you win big, and never gamble it, so you have a guaranteed win.
Most recent stuff:
- I'm overhauling the whole site as we speak, updating dead links and outdated content. 8/15
- Went through 1/4 of the site to make sure the info is up to date. 10/13
- Vegas Strip Map.
After ten years, I finally got around to drawing my own
map, and it's getting decent reviews. 12/10
- Airport Express bus. Finally, a bus that goes straight from the airport to the South Strip! 12/10
- Coupons. What self-respecting Vegas website would be complete without a page on coupons? Well, here ya go. 12/10
- Gambling & Taxes. Yes, gambling winnings are taxable, but you can deduct your losses. Here's the full scoop. 12/10
- Overhauled the $30,000 betting system challenge 11/10
- All about taxis in Vegas 11/10
- Vegas Babysitters. Who to call if you bring your kids to town. See especially the "Parents Night Out" services which take kids to a rec center, mini golf, etc. 11/10
- Vegas News. A new section, sporadically updated. 11/10
- Taxis in Las Vegas. Everything you need to know. 11/10
- Myths & Facts in the movie "21", recommended by Micky Rosa himself! 3/08
- Completely redid the list of casinos 3/08
- Completely reorganized the Vegetarian Eats page
- Brand new page on Gambling 101
- Brand new page on Cheap Eats
- Completely overhauled the Comps page