Here's what I've got for you:
Learn how to gamble: Never gambled before? I've got you covered. Start with Gambling 101 and proceed to my exclusive and popular Crash Course in Table Games. I've also got specific lessons for tables games like Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, though the most popular part of the site are the articles about Slot Machines. What's more, these tips will help you avoid losing big money. I also cover some interesting topics like betting systems and how to win a million dollars.
Online Gaming: In the sidebar at left you can see why I recommend Bovada if you want to practice casino games for free. I also have a beginner's guide to online gambling which answers questions about legality, fairness, and potential problems.
Gambling in General: I offer special features such as the odds of winning a million dollars and a rundown of popular betting systems, including my very own Half-Bankroll System — all stuff you won't find anywhere else.
I'm also proud of what I DON'T have...
- No annoying animated banner ads.
- No frustrating popup windows.
- No spam — I don't share your email with anyone else.
Top 10 Las Vegas Tips
- Visit mid-week. Hotel rooms often cost three to four times as much on the weekends as during the week! Plus, with weekend crowds you'll wait in line for everything. Mid-week visitors save tons of money and have a much better time.
- Get a player's card. Go to the Player's Club desk at
any casino you visit and sign up for a free player's card, even
if you don't plan to gamble there. Then the casino will
mail you offers for discounted or even free rooms on your next
visit. You can also sign up for the MGM/Mirage
card online, which will work at 10 Vegas Strip casinos.
- Set loss limits. Make a gambling budget for each day and if you lose it, then stop playing.
- Don't play slot machines. They suck your money away hand over fist. Compare $600 lost over 16 hours on a $0.25 machine compared to just $40 lost at blackjack or craps @ $5 a hand. See my crash course on table games to have a much better chance of winning.
- Tip the dealers $5+/hr., and the cocktail waitresses $1 every drink or two.
- Ask for comps. When you play either slots or table games the casino will reward you with buffets, show tickets, or room discounts. Ask at the player's club booth (slot players) or at the tables (table players) for how to claim your goodies. (more on comps)
- Use the buses. The Westcliff Express bus goes straight from the airport to the South Strip (MGM Grand, NY NY, Luxor, Tropicana) for $2. The #108 goes from the airport to the Stratosphere and then to downtown, for $2. Pay $8 for a 24-hour pass when you get on any bus, and then ride any bus in the city for free for the next 24 hours, including the Deuce and Strip/Downtown Express (SDX) buses. See our special page that tells you all about the buses.
- Don't try to get taxis on the strip. Taxis can't stop directly on the strip; that's why they're passing you by. Go to the taxi area of the hotel to get one. Up to 4 people ride for the same price as 1; if there's just 2 of you, don't be afraid to yell out, "Anyone want to split a cab to [some casino]?" It doesn't just save money, it's eco-friendly.
- Walk. You'll discover stuff. When the
Strip is crowded, sometimes it's even faster than taxis or
buses. Plus, it helps work off the calories from the
- Get Half-Price Show Tickets. You can get
deeply-discounted tickets for most Vegas shows at one of the
several Tix4Tonite booths on the Strip and downtown. See all
my tips for getting free and cheap tix.
- Bank your winnings. Set aside half your win when you win big, and never gamble it, so you have a guaranteed win.
- Completely overhauled my slot machines content, including these brand-new pages: how to play, returns & paybacks, the randomness principle, myths, B.S., jackpots, skill-based slots. 3/18
- Vegas casinos are surprisingly unprofitable. 3/18
- Slot machine malfunctions.
How and why slot machines sometimes screw up, causing players to
think they've won the jackpot when they really haven't.
- Free drinks for low-rollers
- Free parking on the strip going bye-bye
- Updated the coupons page (7/17)
- New page: Best of Vegas (7/17)
- Many changes to the list of Vegas casinos (7/17)
- See previous updates